An extra layer of security
As a global investigative firm with a network of 76 agents worldwide, CRI Group has the resources and expertise needed to implement thorough and comprehensive pre- and post-employment screening. As part of our EmploySmart program, we have conducted more than 187,000 individual background checks, serving top companies of many industry sectors worldwide. CRI Group’s thorough background screening includes the following:
- Identity: Some job candidates will actually fabricate a new identity, especially if they have something to hide. Proper screening can verify addresses, phone numbers and other identifying information to confirm that they are who they claim to be.
- Employment: Screening will verify past employers, locations of past employment, dates employed, salary levels, reasons for leaving, position titles, gaps in employment history and pertinent contact information.
- Education: Education verification is needed to confirm school grades, degrees and professional qualifications.
- Criminal history: International criminal records searches are critically important, and should include any convictions for the applicant in the requested jurisdictions.
- Character references: Sometimes overlooked is the need to follow-up on references provided by the applicant.
- Credit history: As permitted by local laws, financial and credit history should be reviewed, as fraud statistics have shown financial distress to be a key red flag for fraudulent behavior.
Case studies from our experience
While conducting expert background screening for a client, CRI Group uncovered disturbing details about an applicant. When this individual’s previous employers were contacted, one of them reported that the applicant was hired without any prior experience, was trained for a couple of months, and then terminated due to committing cash embezzlement as well as participating in harassment and workplace violence. A second employment verification revealed his termination, as he caused a financial loss to the company.
In another case, CRI Group screened 18 degrees claimed from a single university. By contacting the university and conducting an examination of documents and records, CRI Group found an astounding 5 of them (27.7 percent) to be fake and/or forged. In the end, whether your company employs 10 or 1,000, your employee roster doesn’t have to be a minefield of mysteries or unknowns. With effective background screening, your business will be more secure, and your trust in your employees well-placed.
About CRI Group
For the past 29 years, CRI Group has safeguarded businesses from fraud and corruption, providing integrity due diligence, employment background screening, third party risk management and compliance and other professional investigative research services. Based in London, United Kingdom, CRI Group is a global firm with experts and resources located in key regional marketplaces across the Asia Pacific, South Asia, the Middle East, North Africa, Europe and North America. Our global presence ensures that no matter how international your operations are we have the network needed to provide you with all you need, wherever you happen to be. We take great care to ensure that our experts are the best at what they do. Contact CRI Group today to learn more.