CRI Group’s Integrity Due Diligence Investigations have exposed security issues that could have potentially had a disastrous impact on our clients’ business operations had they not been identified. Such investigations have equipped our clients with critical information that enabled them to avoid:
- Merging with an international business embroiled in several behind-the-scenes legal battles.
- Getting caught up in making procurement decisions involving the inappropriate influence of government officials who were slated to receive kickbacks.
- Partnering with organizations that were potential credit risks, have claimed bankruptcy, have dissolved stated companies or were faced with debtor filings.
- Awarding work to an overseas contractor with absolutely no prior experience.
- Affiliating with a contracting company owned by a politician with significant influence on future awards.
Anatomy of a CRI Group Due Diligence Investigation
CRI Group investigators employ a proven, multi-faceted research approach, which involves a global array of databases, courts and public record searches, local contacts, industry and media resources, and in-depth web-based research. Our resources included:
- International business verification
- Individual business interest search
- Personal profile on individual subjects
- Company profile on corporate entities
- Historical ownership analysis
- Identification of subsidiaries & connected parties
- Global & national criminality & regulatory records check
- Cri’s Own Politically Exposed Person database
- International media research
- Country-specific databases that include litigation checks, law enforcement agencies & capital market regulators
- Company background analysis
- Industry reputational assessment
- FCPA, UK Anti-Bribery & corruption risks databases
- Global terrorism check
- Global Financial regulatory authorities check
- Money laundering risk database
- Financial reports